Friday, September 3, 2010

Nightingale Sock .... how cool, eclectic and just plain awesome

Nightingale Sock
side view
Can you guess what my next "do learn" task will be?   I am soooo excited!  I just bought from Ravelry the
Nightingale Sock pattern by VintagePurls.  Originally it was available in their 2009 Winter sock club.  I am so enamored with this design. It is so cool, eclectic and just plain awesome!  This is a toe-up, stranded colour work sock that uses just two yarns; one variegated and one almost solid.   The pattern is listed as costing NZ$6.00 which converts to US $4.43  
Over at Grannyg's blog is a really good review of this sock [July 27th. 2010 episode] by one knitters journey, Stella Lange !  And it's set-up so you can PDF print off the whole article. These photos by Stella Lange are from her reveiw.

I see that my area wool shop Needleworks is offering a 2-fisted 2color knitting class this October 16th. & 23rd.  Most of my skills have all been self taught so far but I am looking forward to the taking class.   It's a $40 fee so I better starting my pennies now.  Class description is: You will learn the skills needed to do stranded two-color (“Fair Isle”) knitting, with one color in each hand and no floats on the back of the work. Materials: You will need two 100g skeins of worsted-weight yarn, in contrasting solids, 16" circular size 6 or 7 needles, and a set of double-pointed needles in the same size. We will begin by knitting the Fake Isle hat in the round. Download a copy of the free pattern at http://www.spunkyeclectic.com/pattern_fakeisle.htm, and come to the first class with 1 1/2 inches of ribbing, in the main color, on the needle. You'll select your own pattern(s) to knit flat -- either as a sampler or as part of a second project.

~ toodles for now ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment