Thursday, September 2, 2010

Ack !   a spider !






Look at this creepy nite-time surprise I walked into out my back door .   ack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The very first step out the door too. I literally walked into it. yup, face first. than I fell back on my bum all freaked out.  This was one BIG spider too.  I still get shivers and feel the sticky web on my face when I think about it.

On a much nicer note..... here is a peek at my September Socks that I'm working on.  This is that twisted stitch pattern called Shur'tugal socks that I found on ravelry. I finally have a rhythm down now with this stitch and it is fun to do!


The pattern is a bit hard to discern in the photo because the socks are in such a relaxed state right now.  As you can see from the photo I'm using Deborah Norville's  Serenity sock wool in her Amethyst coloway.  I'm still learning about how the striping patterns of variegated wool plays out. I would have thought these particular grey stripes would have been somewhat skinnier than what they are, but I still like it.  I am wondering do ALL self-striping wool work out to have their stripes be on the diagonal?  Is the only way a person can get good horizontal stripes is to use two different colors wool and to start & stop with each color ??

Well, I'm off to do some more on these socks while I listen to some more podcasts.  I've been listening to Crafternoon Tea with Grannyg and CogKNITive all week !    Stop in and have a good listen with these ladies ;)       In one of Dr. Gemma's earlier CogKNITive podcasts... episode 14 or something... she talks about how Knitting is good brain exercise for warding off  Dementia because using both hands simultaneously works both sides of your brain I thought that was so cool to know as I had never heard that before. This really interested me as  1.) my mum had dementia and 2.) it's always great to have a good reason to knit!   [Growing up I remember hearing aunts & uncles during their talks go... psst, so & so has the big "C" ya know.]  Well people...  I'm more scared of it than of cancer i think. I know that sounds terrible. I am sorry too for everyone who is sick with either, but dementia scares me to death. So to learn more I did some googling on the subject ... found sorta a bucket-list of twenty things a person should consider making habit even as early as in their 30's & 40's it says.... w o w      oh, and... get your vitamin D levels checked !  It's real important they are finding out.

Get this. research shows that ... The people who danced three or four times a week showed 76 percent less incidence of dementia than those who danced only once a week or not at all.        

No comments:

Post a Comment