Monday, December 12, 2011

TENSION.  yes tension is the reason for such a long delayed update on the Harry Potter Socks....  I could not get the right tension. The muscles in my hands definitely fought me the whole way. So I frogged it. Tried a second time. Really focused and paid attention training my hands and brain to let go a little. ack!  Frog to the rescue again.  ok. I know I'm slow. I should have thought and realized from the get-go that I needed to have used a bigger needle size to compensate for my death grip. On to round three!

ALMOST DONE!  yippee.  I admittedly and frustratingly admit near-defeat. My ego has been diligently deflated back down to newbie status. It seems my self-taught success in learning knitting so easily and how quickly I took to knitting socks and many other projects has sabotaged me in the end.

This two-color technique has been an enormous challenge for me.  My original intent was to finish these back in November by the 1st. hahahha. What a joke that turned out for me.

But I love challenges! yerper-doodles. Three times I have redone and re-knit this pattern.  Finally the toes are in sight.  Actually I just got these done Dec 29th.   I'm almost sorry that these are to be a present for a special someone mainly just for the fact it has taken me three tries to get it right and it almost looks like it. But I certain that a fresh and gentle soak will perk the fiber right up. I would opt for a fourth do-over with fresh new yarn but I don't have an extra $$.  It amazes me that organic and natural real yarn is so dang expensive to me whereas the rest of the world think it right inline with nature of the beast.

No comments:

Post a Comment