Thursday, August 26, 2010

Twisted Stitches







Shur'tugal ~ a Ravelry Socktopus Pattern
 I'm learning some new stitches for my pair of September socks - the Right Twist & Left Twist stitches.  Seems a bit tricky so I found a YouTube video that perfectly shows how to do these stitches that are given in the Shur'tugal Socks Pattern.  I found this Socktopus Pattern at Ravelry.  It is offered as a free Ravelry PDF dL'.  It was originally published in Socktopus DesignsThe Inside Loop, Autumn 2008       These socks are awesomely beautiful !  Wish I had the two-tone aqua & gold color yarn that she used but I don't.  Instead when we go to town this weekend I think I'm gonna get some of Deborah Norville's Serenity sock yarn from Hobby Lobby.  I hope my socks turn out as good as these look!

Anywho... here is the video...  Cirilia Rose from the Berroco Design Team demonstrates twisted stitches.  I watch some other videos but I liked Cirilia's best. She does a really wonderful job in this video. Her work stays entirely on-screen, the pace is just perfect and her speech is clear, there is NO distracting background music and the resolution is very clear. I give her a Ten on the thumbs-up scale !




No comments:

Post a Comment